FIA is pleased to announce that Amazon Web Services and Nasdaq have signed on as sponsors of FIA’s third annual Innovators Pavilion, a showcase for fintech startups that are offering forward-thinking solutions for the global derivatives markets.
“We’re proud to be partnering with Nasdaq and Amazon Web Services to promote innovation in financial services,” said Matt Haraburda of XR Trading, chairman of the Innovators Pavilion selection committee and executive committee member of the FIA Principal Traders Group (FIA PTG). “Nasdaq and Amazon Web Services have done tremendous work to foster innovation and their sponsorship of the FIA Innovators Pavilion is vital to our efforts to create a thriving fintech community. We’re looking forward to showcasing exciting startups that can help drive progress in our industry.”
This is the second year that Nasdaq has sponsored the Innovators Pavilion. FIA also announced a handful of companies serving as Community Partners to increase engagement in the fintech community: Fintech Sandbox, Fintex, Holland Fintech, Hyde Park Angels, and Seismic Foundry.
Startup companies that qualify to take part in Innovators Pavilion will receive free space on the Expo show floor to display their products and services. FIA also will host a “Meet the Innovators” competition to spotlight the five most exciting companies within the Pavilion. The winner of this competition will receive more than $20,000 in cash and other resources.
Expo is FIA’s flagship event, drawing more than 5,000 people each year to the largest gathering of derivatives industry professionals in the world. Attendees include senior executives from brokerage firms, exchanges, trading firms and service providers, and the exhibit hall typically attracts more than a hundred firms as exhibitors.
- Who should apply: Companies that have been in business for five years or less that offer innovative products and services relevant to the futures, options, and cleared swaps industry.
- When to apply: The FIA Innovators Pavilion Committee is accepting applications now through August 18. Space is limited and applications will be approved on a rolling basis until the Pavilion is full. Apply online here.
- What is included:
- Access to more than 5,000 Expo delegates from exchanges, trading firms, brokerage firms, and service providers from around the world.
- An Expo “TechPod” that includes a flat screen monitor and internet access.
- Media exposure through press releases, social media, website features, and access to media partners.
- An FIA Innovator Award Plaque.